SPARK Saliva Kit Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN AND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT WON YET. See below on how to enter without submitting a saliva sample.
These Official Rules apply to the SPARK Saliva Kit Return Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”).
- Sweepstakes Quarterly Entry Periods: The Sweepstakes runs once per calendar quarter each year (i.e., four times a year), from January 1 to March 31, April 1 to June 30, July 1 to September 30, and October 1 to December 31 (each a “Quarterly Entry Period”). All entries must be received between 12:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the first day of the current Quarterly Entry Period through 11:59 p.m. EST on the last day of the current Quarterly Entry Period.
- Sponsor and Administrator: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by The Simons Foundation, Inc. through its Simons Foundation Autism Research Initiative, located at 160 5th Avenue, New York, NY 10010 (“Sponsor”).
- How to Enter the Sweepstakes: To enter the Sweepstakes, during the current Quarterly Entry Period: (1) go to https://sparkforautism.org/ and join SPARK, an autism research study sponsored by the Simons Foundation Autism Research Initiative, and (2) after SPARK mails you a saliva collection kit, return your saliva sample following the instructions provided within two weeks. Once you have completed these two steps, you will be automatically entered, one time, into the Sweepstakes.
- You also may enter the Sweepstakes without submitting a saliva sample to SPARK. To do so, first join SPARK as described above and then send a postcard or letter to Sponsor at SPARK Saliva Kit Return Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 1806, New York, NY 10159. Sponsor must receive your mailed-in Sweepstakes entry before the end of the current Quarterly Entry Period.
- Only one entry per person, regardless of the method of entering. While you are not required to submit a saliva sample in order to enter the Sweepstakes, we hope that you will do so because SPARK uses all samples to conduct research on the causes of and treatments for autism. All saliva samples remain strictly confidential and your identity will never be provided to anyone other than SPARK and the third parties referenced in the study consent.
- General Requirements: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, District of Columbia and US territories who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of the Sponsor or its affiliates, or their respective successors-in-interest, advertising, public relations, accounting or legal firms, and the immediate family members or individuals living in the same household of such employees, are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win any prize. For purposes of these eligibility rules, “immediate family members” means spouse, children, parents, parents of spouse, siblings, and spouse’s siblings.
- Additional Eligibility Requirements: Prior to being eligible to receive any prize, an entrant who has been selected as a potential winner of the Sweepstakes must provide Sponsor with any information or certifications needed by Sponsor, in its sole judgment, for purposes relating to the Sweepstakes. Without limiting the foregoing, a person who has been selected as a potential winner of the Sweepstakes may be required to provide any information Sponsor determines is required, necessary or appropriate, in its sole judgment, or tax reporting purposes.
- Being eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes or receive a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, territorial, municipal, and local laws and regulations. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited.
- Selection of Winner: Sponsor will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winner by means of a random drawing from all eligible entries for the Sweepstakes on or around the first week following the last day of the current Quarterly Entry Period. The potential winner of the Sweepstakes will be notified by email delivered to the email address provided to SPARK when joining SPARK, and then that potential winner must provide Sponsor with identification and contact information so that Sponsor may verify the potential winner’s eligibility and deliver the Prize. If a potential winner cannot or does not satisfy the foregoing condition or the conditions described in the “Eligibility” section above, an alternate potential winner will be selected in the same manner as the first potential winner was selected. The decisions of Sponsor as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of potential and final winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
- Verification of Potential Winners: Each potential winner is subject to verification of eligibility by Sponsor. At any time, if (i) Sponsor determines that a person whose submission is selected as a potential winner is not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes, or (ii) a person whose name is drawn refuses to accept the selection as a winner, or (iii) a person whose name is drawn cannot or does not complete the eligibility requirements described in “Additional Eligibility Requirements” above, including without limitation a failure to sign and return the Declaration of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (when applicable) or provide any other requested information within the required time period, or (iv) a person cannot be contacted, or (v) a prize winner’s prize is returned as undeliverable, then that person will be ineligible to win a prize. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified or ineligible for any reason, the potential winner will not receive any prize and Sponsor will award the Prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Prizes and Odds of Winning: Sponsor will award one (1) prize (the “Prize”) per calendar quarter. The Prize will be an iPad mini. The estimated retail value of the Prize is $400. Odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the respective Quarterly Entry Period, and only one Prize. The winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with Prize receipt and/or use.
- Additional Agreements/Waivers: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and to interpretation of these rules by Sponsor and (b) to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, and their respective successors-in-interest, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of the Prize.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry into the Sweepstakes is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry into the Sweepstakes, if possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error, war, terrorism, major storms, pandemics, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment or to cancel the Sweepstakes entirely. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Disputes: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.